Collection System Strengths
• The counties within NKSWMA host reliable haulers that provide reasonable collection rates for residential and commercial occupants. Each hauler supplies trash cans/dumpsters for occupants with attached lids (with fee), keeping odor and pest invasion in control.
• Boone and Kenton Counties offer a voucher program where residents can take one truckload or one 8-ft trailer load to Bavarian Waste Landfill (Walton, KY) for free. Certain guidelines do apply.
• Kenton and Campbell Counties offer Spring and Fall Cleanups (FKA Dump Days) where residents can drop off household trash for free.
• All NKSWMA Counties offer free recycling throughout the county. Boone and Kenton Counties utilize Big Blue Bins (Boone County Recycling Center), while Campbell County utilizes Rumpke Recycling.
• All NKSWMA Counties offer appliance drop-off for recycling throughout the work week. Additionally, Boone and Kenton Public Works/Transportation Center allows the following items for recycling drop-off: used oil, oil filters, gasoline, antifreeze, ink/toner cartridges, auto batteries, and scrap metal (each county differs in what exactly they take).
• For hazardous waste, NKSWMA hosts the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event each year.
• In addition, a Resource Guide is updated bi-annually to inform residents on how to recycle and dispose of items (e.g. electronics, hazardous waste, and tires) in the Greater Cincinnati Area.