This link will open a new tab to a different website.

Press "Yes" to confirm.

Text amendment KRS100.207

A text amendment is a change of the regulations within the zoning ordinance. Applications for text amendments can only be submitted by the local jurisdiction or the Planning Commission. If you are a citizen and would like your legislative body to submit a text amendment on your behalf, please contact your legislative body.

Process for Text Amendments KRS 100.211

Staff will review proposed text amendments, provide a written report and make a recommendation to the Planning Commission to either approve or deny the proposed text amendment. The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing and take testimony from staff, the applicant and the public before making a favorable or unfavorable recommendation for the proposed zoning changes. Recommendations are sent on to local officials in the jurisdiction where the site is located. These local officials will have the final say to adopt or deny proposed changes to the zoning code.